It’s officially Fall! Time for pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking, scarves & boots!! I’m not mad about it.
Truthfully, I’ve been waiting as long as possible to write this blog post because I’ve been in denial over the fact that I now need to wear a jacket when I leave my apartment. BUT I just booked a flight to Tulum next month because I know my beach bum is going to need it to get me through the NYC Winter!
With cooler weather brings new trends so I’m excited to share my 5 favorite trends of the Fall season with you along with 25 of my favorite Fall finds! The best part? They are all under $100! I repeat…ALL UNDER $100!! Some of these I recently purchased for myself and some of them I sell in my online boutique www.MoonlightGypsyShop.com!
Are you ready?? Bring on cozy nights by the fireplace & hot cocoa!
TREND #1: VELVET
Unless you live under a rock, I’m sure you’ve noticed that the top trend for Fall is VELVET! I’m loving the dark rich jewel tones because I feel like they’re easier to style, plus deep wine and navy colors typically look great on everyone. If you’re looking to make more of a fashion statement, step out in emerald green velvet which is one of the hottest new colors for the season!
1. Cape Robbin Velvet Embroidered Mule ($34.95)
2. Victoria’s Secret Velvet Wicked Unlined Bra ($39.50)
3. 19 Cooper Ruffle Velvet Dress at Nordstrom ($89)
4. Moonlight Gypsy Velvet Quilted Shoulder Bag ($50)
5. Moonlight Gypsy Velvet Boho Headband ($16)
Check out my curated Moonlight Gypsy velvet shop HERE!
TREND #2: STARS
This is such a fun trend of Fall! I’ve seen everything from studs, embroidery and glitter stars on dresses, tops, footwear and accessories. It’s a fun way to add some character to your look and these are super easy items to pair with basics.
1. JustFab ‘Jacinta’ Star Booties ($59.95 but $39.95 if you’re a VIP member!)
2. Forever 21 Star Studded Mini Skirt ($19.90)
3. Moonlight Gypsy Moon & Star Choker Necklace ($18)
4. Nordstrom B.P. Mini Star Stud Faux Leather Backpack ($45)
5. Steve Madden Star Sneaker at DSW ($49.98)
TREND #3: OVER THE KNEE BOOTS
I don’t consider myself a “sexy girl” but theres something about knee high boots that make me feel hot! Does anyone else feel that way?! Because I’m short, I feel like they make me look taller which is nice for someone so petite (I’m 5’3″!) I recently bought a pair of flat and heeled over the knee boots in black (of course…because that’s all we wear in NYC during the winter!)
1. JustFab ‘Tibbie’ Over The Knee Velvet Heeled Boot ($74.95 but $42.95 for VIP members!)
2. JustFab ‘Tibbie’ Embroidered Over The Knee Heeled Boot ($74.95 but $42.95 for VIP members!)
3. Marc Fisher Humor Over The Knee Boot at Macy’s ($129 on sale for $64.50!)
4. JustFab ‘Gale’ Over The Knee Peep Toe Boot $75.95 but $42.95 for VIP members!)
5. JustFab ‘Kinsley’ Over The Knee Heeled Boot ($84.95 but $46.95 for VIP members!)
P.s. Can you tell where I purchase most of my shoes from?!
Shop Moonlight Gypsy Crochet Leg Warmers to pair with your Fall boots HERE!
TREND #4: EMBROIDERY
Embroidery has been trending for a while now but lately I’ve been obsessed with the mixture of embroidery on lace and mesh. Theres something about the combo of sheerness and floral designs that make me feel feminine and pretty! Pair any of these items with a leather skirt or pant and you’re good to go!
1. Zara Multicolored Lace Top ($24.90)
2. Moonlight Gypsy Embroidered Choker Necklace ($16)
3. Moonlight Gypsy Embroidered Flower Mesh Top ($32)
4. Moonlight Gypsy Embroidered Sweater ($58)
5. JustFab ‘Jacinta’ Embroidered Bootie ($59.95 but $39.50 for VIP members!)
TREND #5: PEARLS
There’s a lot of vintage & Parisian influence emerging lately in the fashion world which I am absolutely LOVING! I’m also not hating the fact that Coco Chanel probably had something to do with it. 😉
Pearls are feminine and elegant – plus, they add a girly finish to any outfit or accessory.
1. Moonlight Gypsy Pearl Ruffle Sleeve Sweater ($48)
2. Moonlight Gypsy Pearl Boho Flower Tie ($10)
3. Zara Pearl Sweater Dress ($49.90)
4. Moonlight Gypsy Pearl & Rhinestone Pom Pom Hat ($42)
5. Go Jane Precious Pearls Faux Suede Booties ($33)
Happy Fall shopping babes! Stay tuned..you might just see some of these pieces featured in the blog and on my @m00nlightgypsy Instagram within the next few weeks!
SHOP MY STYLE:
Cape Robbin Velvet Embroidered Mule $34.95
Zara Multicolored Lace Top $24.90
Zara Mid-Rise Pink Skinny Jeans $39.90
Zara Suede Biker Moto Jacket $89.90
Moonlight Gypsy Miami Beach Sunnies $16
Kendra Scott Earrings – Linked similar ones here!
Bucket Bag – Linked a similar one here!
Photography By: Kristin @thepetitepearproject
Location: Washington Mews, NYC